- Xalan reads the complete tree rooting at the source node.
- Saxon reads the owner document of the source node.
- Saxon ignores unneeded parts of the tree.
- XT handles only Stream- and SAXSources. The later are streamed into the internal object model completely.
- Oracle XDK handles Stream- and SAXSources.
- Oracle XDK handles DOMSources only with their properitary object model.
- The Oracle XDK object model is based on abstract classes, therefore a customized implementation needs to be build on top of it.
A DOM-to-SAX event producer allows to feed a copy in the internal format of the individual processors object model.